My life has gotten a little hectic since 2020. My wife and I now have three little girls three and under. I’ve been going to school full-time at Liberty University. I’m a new pastor at Hardinville Christian Church. My life has gotten very busy. However the biggest problem is my health. I’ve been having some severe diverticulitis attacks. It has affected everything. I go to the bathroom more frequently due to a high fiber diet. I am in pain more often when I have an attack. I’m asking those who are Christians who read this blog to pray for me to recover so I can keep providing literature that promotes the gospel and gives advice on how to study the Bible.
Tips for studying the Bible in 2021.
- Make time to read it. Either wake up early or go to bed later. You can also cut out something you don’t need like tv or social media.
- Read it everyday. It will become a habit and bless you everyday.
- Share what you have been reading with a friend of loved one. It will make you want to read more so you have more to talk about.
- Get a translation you understand. If the thee’s and thou’s of the King James Version throw you for a loop pick up a more contemporary version like the ESV or NASB.
- Pick us a good study Bible. Good ones will help you understand the historical context, location, and authorial context. I recommend The MacArthur Study Bible.
- Read the Bible in context. It doesn’t matter what the passage means to you. It matters what it meant to the author and original audience.
- Pray for understanding. God wants the Bible to be read and understand. He will help you if you ask.
Please pray for us as we try to raise a family and do ministry in 2021. Also check out our resources page for more information on how to study the Bible.